Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Pity Party Post

So, while I was up at 2:00 in the morning with my sick daughter I was thinking about all the crappy things going on for us lately and I decided to do a post about it basically just to complain about my lot in life. You know, have my own little pity party via blog world. But, later last night, around probably 4:30 when I was still up with my sick daughter who refused to go to sleep, I decided it would probably be better for my sanity and just my all around well being to not dwell on the crap. So, I decided to go ahead an do my Thanksgiving post a week early and share with you all the things I am grateful for in my life. All the good stuff. So, here is my list of what I am thankful for(in no particular order):

1. We have a roof over our head. It's not the prettiest roof, but we are (mostly) warm and we have a place to call home.

2. My kids are (usually) healthy. They get the odd sickness here and there and the last few weeks have been trying, but they do not have any serious illnesses that require us to run to the hospital all the time or that are threatening their lives.

3. Ava is my snuggle bug. I wanted a snuggly baby so badly and I got one. Yay!

4. My husband. Goodness knows he can make me crazy, but he is an excellent Daddy and he will always make sure we are taken care of.

5. Our amazingly generous family. Both my husband's family and my family have been extremely generous to us. They help out with the kids when we are in town, they take us out to eat, they give gifts to the kids for no special reason, they have sent and taken us on vacations, they are all just great to us.

6. My kids (usually) love each other. It's so amazing to see them play together. (Lily is screaming at Ava right now because she is tired and cranky from being up all night, so that's why I say usually...we are not feeling the love right now).

7. Dental school is almost over. The end is in sight! We have only 16 month left! WooHoo!

8. MOPS. My MOPS group has been such a lifesaver while we have been here in Gainesville and I am thankful for each and every one of the women I have come in contact with in that group. They are all amazing and they all encourage me and give me strength.

I'm sure there is more and I will keep posting as I come up with stuff. I have a feeling I will need to keep looking at this list to remind myself of the positive things we have going on so as not to dwell on the negative. I am sorry if any of this post is unclear (I am thankful for spell check this morning) as I am running on like 5 hours of sleep, part of which happened on my kids floor. Anyhow, it is so easy to get bogged down in the all challenges that come with the holidays. I would just encourage you all to try to focus on the positive this holiday season.

1 comment:

Belle of the Ball said...

Hey Tori! Sorry to hear the girls are sick, I'll definitely be thinking of you guys! :-) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving--I can't believe it's already that time of year!!