Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ice Cream for Breakfast!

While we were in Gainesville, I was blessed to meet an amazing woman named Rebecca Tillman. I think I have probably talked about her some on the blog before, but she was by far one of the most amazing women I have ever had the privilege of knowing. Rebecca's two year old son, Ethan, passed away suddenly two years ago. I didn't know Rebecca except in passing at the time, but she was part of my small group at MOPS the next year and hearing her story and getting to know her was a huge blessing.

Anyhow, I did have a point I was getting to. On the anniversary of Ethan's passing, Rebecca and her husband ask parents to have an "E", extraordinary, moment with their children. So, this morning, we celebrated a sweet little boy's short life with ice cream for breakfast!



Em didn't get to join in, but the girls thought it was about the neatest thing ever! Ice cream for breakfast? Has mom lost her mind?

No comments: