Friday, September 4, 2009

Crusin'

I mentioned that last week Nathan and I got to go a cruise sans kiddos. I am very blessed with extremely generous in-laws who really enjoy going on cruises! My mother and father-in-law were kind enough to take Nathan and I along for a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas! We had a lot of fun! It was only the 2nd cruise I have been on. The first cruise I went on, Nathan and I got pretty queasy the first night due to some rough seas. Thankfully, this cruise had smoother seas and my MIL got us some wonderful patches to help with sea sickness! I highly recommend these if you are worried about getting sick on a cruise!

Anyhow, I brought my camera along with the intention of taking lots of pictures of Nate and I and my in-laws and, well, I so didn't. I mostly got pictures of stuff I thought the kids would enjoy, lots of animals and such. But I do want to document the cruise on the blog, so, sorryahead of time for all the animal pics :)

The first day of the cruise took us to Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private island. We did a little snorkeling...didn't see much. Although, we did see a puffer fish which was pretty cool. Coco Cay has one are called Iguana Lagoon. We say about 15 large iguanas hanging out on the rocks in this area! They were very cool! Lily loves these pics.



One fun thing on the cruise was the towel animals our cabin stewards left for us every night. They are so cute! My MIL and I even went to a class to learn how to make them. So fun. Here are a couple they left us:

Stingray

Bat

The second day of the cruise, we went to Nassau. We headed over to Paradise Island via water taxi to check out the huge resort, Atlantis. It was very cool. I would love to be able to take a trip someday and just spend some time at this resort. It was so pretty. They have all these neat aquariums that Nate and I walked through. I got some more animal pics for the girls (of course).

Lobsters!

Nemo (a.k.a clown) fish.

Seahorses. I thought these were really cool.

Eels.

Shark!

Sea turtle. They had a tank with about twenty of these. So neat.

Ah, and here is the one picture I remembered to get of us...on our last night there. Not the best pic, but I figured we should have some proof we were actually on the cruise :)

No comments: