Monday, September 14, 2009

Conversations with Ava

Wow, can't believe that she's old enough to be having "conversations."

Today, at MOPS, I had my hands full of bags and we needed to go upstairs, so we decided to take the elevator. Lily pressed the button and we got in. Ava, however, was taking her sweet time walking to the elevator, so, I said, "Come on, Ava. Get in the elevator." Then, she stopped right where she stood and with this absolutely petrified look said, "NO! ALLIGATORS!" Huh? Ohhhh...elevator, alligators. I guess when you're 20 months old, they can kind of sound the same. "No, Ava not alligators, elevator." I tried, in vain, to convince her that there were no alligators, but still had to drag her kicking and screaming into the elevator.

1 comment:

Sarah Brown said...

That just gave me my first smile of the morning!=)

~Stopping by from SITS