Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh, My, My, My...

We have had a bit of a crazy day today...but, I will get to that in a second. First, I must say that any of you who missed out free Ben and Jerry's yesterday should really sign up for the ChunkMail (their little e-mail newsletter), so that you don't miss out next year! I even gave you the link, so you have no excuse :) Anyhow, the girls and I went after lunch yesterday and got free scoops. Here is Lily enjoying her Strawberry. Ava and I shared a Half-Baked (yummy) and a CoffeeCoffeeBuzzBuzzBuzz (my favorite, mostly cause it has caffeine).


Now, for our adventure today. So, I have mentioned before that Ava likes to catch herself on her face (see here and here). She gets a bloody lip at least once a week. Today, however, was her worst yet. She fell and caught herself on the coffee table. She managed to split both her top and bottom lip and create a huge gash in her upper gum, as well as give herself a frenectomy (which for everyone not married to a dental student is when they separate that little piece of tissue that attaches your upper lip to your gum). And, of course, she did all this while Daddy was at school and not ahome to check to her mouth (which he frequently has to do). So, I start calling everyone at the dental school I can think of to try to get in touch with Nate to see what I need to do while trying to mop up the obscene amount of blood comin gform her screaming mouth. I finally made the decision to just head to the school and hope someone there could find him for me. Luckily, Nate called just as we were pulling up. He checked her out and thankfully, it looks like she didn't do any permanant damage (although, he says when she grows up she will be able to pull her upper lip over nose, very useful talent). The biggest issue with this whoel thing is that now every time she hits her mouth (which she has done twice since she got up from nap time about 2 hours ago), her mouth starting bleeding again. Not to mention that she chews on everything she can get her hands on and I am petrified she is going to shove somethign up in her gum...ugh. I have a feeling she is going to be my child who is constantly giving me little heart attacks. I would put money on her breaking at least one bone before she hits adulthood. It's the whole needing to do everything big sissy does without any fear or concern for your own limitations that gets her every time :)

No comments: