Monday, August 30, 2010

Life

Welcoming Emmaline to our family has been easier than I thought it would be (especially now that she sleeps through the night!). It's funny. I was telling my mom the other day that I would never again fault her for letting my baby brother get away with SO MUCH more than I ever got away with. Emma slept in our bed for her first month of life. She naps in her swing. She is kinda on a feeding schedule, but if she starts crying for food early and I am not up for listening to it, she eats. She gets held A LOT. Lily we were so strict about schedules and no sleeping anywhere except the crib. We were a little slacker with Ava, but Emma is getting away with murder :) She has not been a super easy baby, so that may be some of it, too. Ava was so easy going. Emma is not a difficult baby, but she is not as go with the flow as Ava Bug. I hate that I am not able to nurse her. Hate it. In lots of ways it is a ton easier to just give her a bottle, but I miss the quiet nursing time.

Our house is wonderful (I am going to get pics up once we paint, I promise). It does amaze me, though, how much longer it takes to clean. I could clean our whole apartment in a couple of hours. Like really good and clean it. The house is like a 5 to 6 hour ordeal if I don't stay on top of things. I could vacuum almost our whole apartment without unplugging the vacuum cleaner, now I have rooms I can't vacuum without moving the plug! It is slowly starting to feel more and more like home. I love having a washer and dryer. LOVE IT! It is ridiculous how much pleasure I get out of doing laundry. We'll see how long that lasts :)

Overall, things are good right now. Mostly happy kids, mostly happy momma (when my hormones are not whacked out, but that is getting better, too), Daddy is doing well at work and getting in lots of surfing and fishing. We are having fun and settling into a nice routine. It's great having Lily in school. It gives me a day to get stuff done with just two. I am amazed at how quiet the house is without Lily here. She is not who I would contribute most of the chaos around here to (that would be my Ava), but it seems like when she's not around, Ava is more chill.

Anyhow, just wanted to get down a few thoughts about how things are going right now. Something to help remember this time in life.

1 comment:

JennyK said...

I found your blog, again! :) Emma is SO super adorable!! Looks just like her big Sissies. :) Sounds like you guys have really settled into your new life there and are doing great! When did Lily get glasses? She looks really cute in them. Glad you guys are doing so well!