Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Little Monster Baby - 10 Months Old


Ava is 10 months old today. Golly, but the time has flown by! I can't believe both my girls will be having birthdays in 2 months (oh man, better get on that and Christmas)! Ava has been such a little monster baby this morning. She has lovingly earned the name "Ankle Biter." We've been calling her this pretty much since she began to crawl because she is constantly at someone's (mostly mine) ankles trying to climb your legs to get picked up or just be touched and acknowledged. She is a snuggly little thing, but because of this seems to require a lot more physical affection than Lily. It's funny because I so wanted a baby who would sit and let me hold them and lean on me and snuggle (Lily was so not like that as a baby, still isn't), but little did I know that would mean she would be at my ankles all day long! I keep hoping once she is walking she will not be constantly under foot, but it may just make her able to catch me even faster!

She has also figured out she can climb. She can climb onto Lily's bed in like 3 seconds flat. She even scale our couch (getting down is a different story all together). Anything that is more than 5 inches high inspires her to hike up that little foot and try to conquer it! She has been really loving playgrounds lately because she can practice her climbing skills. The picture at the top of the post is from the The Swamp playground at the mall here in Gainesville. She had so much fun crawling around and climbing stuff when we went (no matter that there were about 20 kids running around trying to trample her).

She also loves to yell. She just screams because she can. It's like a game for her and Lily. Who can scream the loudest? Well, I think Ava usually wins. She gets mad at Lily sometimes, too, now, and will just scream at her. Not like crying just an angry battle cry. It's pretty funny. I think she may end up with more attitude and stubbornness than big sis (who thought that would be possible), but perhaps with a sweet streak a little different from my prickly little pear (Lily). Ah, my little Ava. So many challenges await us, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

No comments: