Wednesday, July 15, 2009

5 Minutes for Faith

There is a blog called 5 Minutes for Faith that I really enjoy. The women who write the daily devotionals are mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, and friends and the insight into their faith frequently speaks to what is happening in my own life. Today, they wrote about Christ's strength coming through in our moments of weakness. This is the scripture she quoted:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

This passage really struck me today as I struggle to be patient with my kids and to motivate myself to do dishes for what feels like the hundredth time this week. I am weak. I am tired. I am prone to loosing my temper. But, it is in these moments that I turn to Him for strength, because, I know I can accomplish nothing in life without Him. I certainly cannot make it through a day of fighting, yelling, messy children without His strength!

I can do everything through Him gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

It is so hard during this season of life with little ones who demand so much time and energy to find the time I crave to really connect with Christ. Being able to take 3 or 4 minutes to read the posts that these women write is so nice and it really does make me stop and re-examine my attitude and my relationship with Him. It's not as much time as I may like, but it is a start. I thought some of you out there might enjoy the site, so I wanted to share a bit about it :) Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

No comments: