Sunday, January 11, 2009

No More Monkies...


I think you can probably guess where this is going...Lily got the brilliant idea to jump on her bed tonight, and Ava (being Ava) had to try it, too. Nate and I, being the wonderful parents that we are, were not in their room supervising this. They were jumping on Lily's toddler bed, so we weren't exactly worried about them like falling off and breaking an arm or anything. Well, little Ava did fall and hit her mouth on the rail of the bed. She split her lip really good. Lots of blood...and I think she loosened up her top teeth (Nate has assured me that this should not be an issue). Anyhow, the best part of all of this...we get her cleaned up and she calms down within a few minutes and starts squirming to get off my lap. So, I put her down...and where do you think she immediately goes? Back to Lily's bed to jump some more! She's definitely a get-back-on-the-horse kinda girl :)

Oh, and by the way, I did not stop in the middle of comforting Ava to take this picture. She was all better and donned this adorable pathetic face seconds after giving me a great big smile.

No comments: